Approximately 600 calories per person for two people
- Prep time: about 10 minutes
- Cook time: about 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon (Tbsp) Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Butter , divided
- 1 12.5 ounce can of Chicken Breast (Kirkland)
- ½ head garlic, roughly chopped
- Carrot, 3 ounces (85 grams) peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 celery stalks, halved lengthwise, then sliced ½-inch thick
- Shallot 3 ounces (85 grams) finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro (0)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced and chopped
- 2 Bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 4 cups water
- Pasta, 4 ounces (113 grams) dry, cooked al dente
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons (Tbsp) Sherry Cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon (Tbsp) Maggie Sauce
- 4 tablespoons (Tbsp) Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons (Tbsp) fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) Dried Dill
- ½ teaspoon (tsp) Dried Lemon peel
- Cook the pasta as per package, set aside
- Place bouillon cubes in water and heat to dissolve, set aside
- In a pot, heat ½ tablespoon oil and ½ tablespoon butter over medium-high.
- Add the carrot and cook for 4 minutes
- Add the cooking sherry wine, maggie sauce, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, celery, shallot, thyme and ½ tablespoon oil and ½ tablespoon butter to the pot, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until carrots are tender.
- Add the bouillon broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the can of chicken and juices and cook until chicken is warmed.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the cooked pasta
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide among bowls
- Top with a spoonful of sour cream, a fistful of torn herbs and lemon peel.
All of Living in Beauty Recipes
We are working on a series of recipes that are easy to fix in an RV and are approximately 600 calories per person for two people.