Approximately 600 calories per person for two people
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes since the rice can cook while the remaining ingredients are being prepared.
- 8 Ounces (227 grams) 99% lean Ground Turkey
- ¾ cup (12 tablespoons) of dry Uncle Ben’s Rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) Lemon Grass Paste
- 1 tablespoon (Tbsp) Ginger Paste
- 6 tablespoons (Tbsp) Bragg’s Aminos, divided
- 5 ½ ounces (156 grams) of white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon (Tbsp) Sesame oil
- ½ head of garlic, smashed
- 1 Jalapeño pepper with seeds, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces (113 grams) of mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces (170 grams) Bell Peppers, sliced
- 2 Teaspoons (tsp) of Sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place 2 cups of water in the pan
- Place ¾ cup, 12 tablespoons, dry Uncle Ben’s rice in the pan
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally
- When rice is boiling, bring to a simmer and cook covered.
- After 20 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Fluff rice before serving.
Turkey Mix Directions
- Thinly slice the jalapeño pepper, keep the seeds. Reserve a few slices for garnish.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Crush the garlic cloves (do not mince)
- In a small bowl, whisk the ginger, lemon grass and 2 tablespoons of Aminos together.
- Pour the mixture over the ground turkey, and work with a spoon to mix the Amino mixture into the turkey. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of sesame oil over high heat.
- Cook the onion for about four minutes. Then add the garlic, jalapeños, and bell pepper, saving some raw jalapeño for garnish.
- Cook until veggies soften.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms soften.
- When the vegetables are nicely caramelized, add the raw turkey and cook several minutes until done.
- It is important to mix the turkey within the vegetables and to break up the meat into small pieces, so it cooks evenly.
- You should not need to add salt and pepper, since the Aminos have sodium.
- Fill two plates with rice
- Place turkey/vegetables mixture on top of the rice
- Garnish with green onion, sesame seeds and remaining jalapeños.
- Serve with remaining Aminos on the table for garnish
All of Living in Beauty Recipes
We are working on a series of recipes that are easy to fix in an RV and are approximately 600 calories per person for two people.