In a secret hollar someplace in Tennessee a retired lady RN, sits beside a creek and dangles her nekid … toes in the cool rushing stream. I’m not saying “the lady nurse” is my sister Deborah Miller, but this is her recipe which got her through many a late night shift.
Nekid Lady Greek Salad is our favorite meal to prepare ahead and chill for a picnic on the following day or take to a brewery that allows you to brown bag. We think it’s the ideal dish for a beer tasting.
This dish mostly depends on canned ingredients, making it an ideal RV salad. All you need is fresh cherry tomatoes and feta.
Approximately 600 calories per person for two people
Prep time: about 15 minutes
Cook time: about 20 minutes
- Roasted Turkey Breast, fresh or from the deli counter, 4 ounces, cut into ½” or smaller cubes
- Tri-colored Spiral Pasta, 4 ounces dry, cooked al dente
- 2 Ounces Red onion, sliced thin and minced
- 1 Small Can Sliced Mushrooms
- 14 Kalamata Olives, sliced in half
- 1 Can – Artichoke Hearts, quartered and then rough chopped, small
- 1 Can Baby corn, 213 grams, sliced into very thin discs
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ½ ounces Feta cheese*, small crumble
- Greek dressing (see below)
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon (tsp) Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon (tsp) Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon (tsp) Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon (tsp) Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoon (tsp) Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ teaspoon (tsp) Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon (tsp) Salt
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Cook the Pasta as per box instructions for al dente
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, including the dressing
- While not necessary, it is preferred to place in refrigerator for at least twelve hours for flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled.
*We never buy “crumbled feta” unless it’s the only feta available. Crumbled feta spoils quickly. Feta packed in brine is preferable because it is creamier, tastes better, and has a long shelf life in the refrigerator.