Aire-flow™ is designed to prevent moisture build-up underneath mattresses, bunk pads, and cushions.
Note: Sold by the Linear Foot
Are you looking for a solution to mold, mildew, dampness, or moisture build up under your RV mattress?
The most practical and affordable solution is the Hypervent Aire-Flow™ Mattress Underlay. Simply place the material underneath your mattress or cushions to minimize moisture buildup.
What’s causing this problem in the first place?
Mattresses in Boats, RVs, Trucks, and Aircraft usually rest on plywood or other types of flat hard surfaces. Most of those surfaces provide minimal air circulation underneath your bed.
When you’re sleeping, your body heat increases the temperature of the mattress. Some of that heat radiates out of the top and sides of the mattress, but a lot of it radiates out of the bottom.
If the surface the mattress is lying on is colder than the mattress itself (it usually is), that temperature difference can cause condensation to form. And if the condensation can’t evaporate, it can lead to mold or mildew buildup.
How does Hypervent Aire-Flow™ resolve my issue?
Hypervent Aire-Flow™ provides unobstructed airflow by elevating the mattress off the sleeping surface…kind of a like a magician’s assistant in a Vegas magic show. 🙂
When the mattress is elevated, warm air is able to circulate under the mattress which minimizes conditions necessary for condensation.
If condensation does occur, the Hypervent Aire-Flow™ material allows that moisture to evaporate.
What is Hypervent Aire-Flow™ ?
It’s a 3/4″ industrial-grade woven polymer material bonded to a breathable fabric. The material was originally designed for water drainage in parking structures and soccer fields.
- Allows for unobstructed airflow under your mattress
- Light weight material weighing only 4.3 oz per sq yard
- Easily bends around door ways and tight spaces
- Maintenance free
- Unaffected by cold temperatures
- Very strong but flexible (can support very heavy people)
- Holds it’s shape indefinitely and outlasts your mattress
- Can’t be felt underneath your mattress
- Easy to clean and dry (soaps, hot water, or steam cleaning is ok)
- Easy to join multiple pieces together. Simply apply adhesive or tape to a 3″ overhanging flap.
- Easy to cut with a pair of scissors
Hypervent Aire-Flow™ is available in widths of 39″ and lengths of up to 50 feet.